Thursday, June 09, 2005

 
Well, it turns out that H**** W**** is about 60 years old and well over 200 lbs and that my husband was trying to email a large file to her which is why she was in his g-mail. So I guess I don't have to worry about THAT. He's a good husband; I never should have worried, but I get worried because sometimes I feel like I'm not a good wife. It's only this stupid sex thing. I'm working on it though. I mean it could be worse...

Anyway, today I'm just in a generally depressive kind of mood. I'm not particularly angry but I have noticed something a little disconcerting about myself. You see, I work two jobs... (2 part time jobs) There's a reason for that, but I'm not going to go into it all right now. Anyway, my morning job is with a well-known coffee company. It's a fun job basically and I enjoy it but I notice that I'm much more patient with the male customers than the female customers. Externally, I treat both equally, but inside my internal conversations are much more cutting about the female customers. I also take more offense to the rudeness of the female customers than the male customers and I wonder what that is all about. It's not that I don't get annoyed at the males, it's just that the females annoy me more. This could be because the females are just more annoying customers. They frown more, they are more demanding. They act as if we owe more for the money (SOME of them do... some of them are very very nice). Some raise their eyebrows and oversee our making their drinks and give looks as if we're just not up to snuff. It's truly annoying. But, then again, I had a man today that drummed his fingers on the coffee bar as if it were taking forever to get his drink and we just got a new espresso machine in that is extraordinarily fast --- just push a button and the shot pours into the cup. I wanted to amputate him at the knuckles.

Come on people... it's just f**** coffee!

The females will also do things like decide they must give exact change at the cash register. There can be a line of 15 people behind them and they will dig for every last penny in the bottom of their purse rather than take the change that the person at the register has all counted out in her hand. *sigh* THAT is SOOOO frustrating.

They also have weird orders... The heaviest women will come in and ask for skim mochas with extra pumps of mocha and splenda and then get a pastry too. What's the point? (And please don't call it a "skinny mocha" -- I might have to pretend to barf LOL)

Overall I really love my customers.... but some are ridiculous.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?