Wednesday, July 13, 2005

 

So Empty

Why am I feeling so empty when I've got so much? I can't figure it out. I have two great jobs... both part time, that I really enjoy. They don't pay much, but I like them both. I have a wonderful husband and terrific son. Two great adult daughters... I don't know. I'm in good health and I've lost a lot of weight so I look pretty good. So why do I feel so... I don't know... empty? I feel like nothing. Maybe I feel nothing unless I'm cutting? Maybe I feel nothing unless I'm feeling problems. Who am I?

I'm disgusted w/out gov't. I'm afraid and apalled w/big business. I've been reading this book called Fast Food Nation. It's overwhelming. As I've gotten older I've come to realize that people don't really care about other people in general and I guess I always believed that, push come to shove, people cared (at least in America). Boy, was I naive. I believed all the propaganda given out at the 1968 NY World's Fair and other places that convinced us little children that the big corporations had your best interests in mind. So much for that. Companies I fear and loathe: IBP, Con Agra, McDonalds (especially), Walmart, Basically all fast food companies. It goes on and on. It's frightening.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?